6 egg yolks
85 grams sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
300 Grams cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
2 cups whipping cream, plus extra whipped cream to pipe on top
1 cup coffee
11/2 tsp. coffee powder
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Make coffee, add chocolate syrup wisk and combine well.
- Whisk yolks with 1/3 of sugar and cook over double boiler, whisking constantly, for 10 minutes. When sugar melts into the yolks, it’s done. Mixture has to be pale and thicken. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Let cool slightly..
- Divide rest of the sugar into two cups of whipping cream and cream cheese. Whip whipping cream keep aside and whip cream cheese until no lumps.
- Fold cream cheese and cooked egg yolks, into this add whipped cream in three batches and fold. Add coffee powder and extra 3 teaspoon of coffee from the coffee which was made before and fold. Set aside.
- Dip ladyfingers into cooled coffee with chocolate syrup, cut them in half and assemble onto the bottom of serving cups glass. Top with generous amount of filling. Frost with extra whipped cream, let cool in fridge for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle cocoa on top of each cup before serving. Enjoy!