400 grams packaged puff pastry
170 grams or 3 slices smoked salmon
100 grams sundried tomato with olives
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
Flour to dust work surface
Parchment paper or baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Add a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray or baking sheet, and set aside.
- Dust a clean, work surface with flour, lay puff pastry, and carefully roll it into a rectangle, size 11 x 13 inches.
- Lift the rolled puff pastry sheet and spread onto the baking tray, layer the sun dried tomatoes and olive on the middle of puff pastry sheet as shown in the video. Follow with the smoked salmon, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some pepper and salt on top.
- Fold one side of puff pastry covering the filling and fold the other side overlapping previous fold.
- Lift and turn the filled puff pastry seam side down and tuck both edges of the dough. Add the water to the egg and mix. Brush any access flour away from the strudel and brush the sides and top of strudel with egg wash. Make 3 slits on top of strudel and bake for 25 minutes or until golden, then remove from oven, and let cool on a rack for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice into 2 inch pieces, and serve. Enjoy!