30 grams moringa or drumstick leaves
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 small onion (chopped)
½ chilly (chopped)
1 can tuna (water drained)
½ tsp. salt
11/2 cup cream of chicken soup
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
145 grams unsalted butter
6 tablespoons ice water
How to make pie crust:
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate or skillet and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or with fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Gradually add enough ice water to the mixture while mixing until a ball of dough is formed.
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured sheet of baking paper and form into a disc. Lightly flour the top of the pie dough and place another sheet of plastic wrap on top, rolling from the center, roll until the dough is about a ⅛-inch thickness. Remove the top piece of baking paper, fold the dough over and lay across the pie plate and remove the bottom piece of plastic wrap.
- Press the pie dough lightly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Cover the pie plate with a piece of the plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
How to make the filling:
- Heat about 2 to 3 table spoon of olive oil in a skillet, add onion and chilly, when onions get soft add moringa leaves, fry for few minutes, add tuna and mix. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat eggs, add cream of chicken soup beat to combine well, into this add roughly ground black pepper mix and set aside.
- Take the pie crust tray out from fridge and pour tuna mixture on to this scatter cheese and pour soup mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and bake the quiche for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!