160 grams vermicelli noodles (cooked)
2 large eggs
3 tsp. roasted curry powder
2 tsp. sesame oil
5 tbs. vegetable oil
200 grams shrimp
1 tbs. fresh ginger garlic minced
1 -2 fresh hot chili pepper, partly seeded and slivered
1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
4 whole spring onion, cut into 2 inch lengths
1 cup fresh shredded purple cabbage
1⁄2 cup water
1 tsp. chicken stock
3 tsp. soy sauce
2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 pinch salt
3 tbs. chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop in the noodles and boil until tender but firm to the bite, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- When you are ready to prepare the dish, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon of the curry powder, and all of the sesame oil until blended.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of the vegetable oil into a heavy skillet or wok set over moderately high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and immediately reduce the heat to low. Scramble the eggs until just set, turn out onto a plate and reserve.
- Return the skillet to moderately high heat and spoon in 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shrimp and stir fry until cooked, remove the shrimp and reserve in a small bowl.
- in the same skillet over high heat, spoon in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the ginger, garlic, chilies and Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the red bell peppers and cabbage, stir fry for 30 seconds. Sprinkle on 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and cook until it boils away. Push the ingredients to the sides of the wok and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the spring onion stir fry few seconds and mix with rest of vegetables.
- Add rest of curry powder, water, chicken stock, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. Return the noodles shrimp and eggs to the wok and Toss well and season with salt, Sprinkle on the cilantro and turn out onto a larger platter. Serve hot. Enjoy!