375 grams icing sugar
6 egg whites
2 tsp. corn flour
3 tsp. cocoa powder
11/2 tsp. white vinegar
11/2 cup of whipping cream, whipped
4 tbs. cherry or strawberry Jam
1/3 cup cherry syrup
1/2 cup cherries (chopped)
150grams melted chocolate
More cherries to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line flat baking tray with baking paper,
- Place the icing sugar and egg whites in a clean bowl or a food mixer or hand mixer and whisk on high for 10 minutes until glossy white peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold in the corn flour, cocoa powder and the white vinegar.
- Transfer the glossy egg white mixture onto the baking trays and using a spatula, form large meringue discs. Bake for 45 minutes, after 45 minutes of baking switch off your oven and open the door of oven to half inch and let the pavlova cool in the oven. (This takes some time) remove from the oven and on to a serving plate.
- Mix jam, cherry syrup & chopped cherries, transfer Pavlova to a serving dish and pour the jam filling spread as even as you can.
- Spread whipped cream on top, then sprinkle melted chocolate and shaved chocolate, decorate with cherries. ENJOY!