113 grams unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
250 grams cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 160 C. Butter and line an 8 x 8 inch cake pan with baking paper.
Red Velvet Layer:
- Add melted butter to a large bowl and add sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, mixing after each addition. Whisk the eggs into the cocoa mix.
- Mix in the flour until lightly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, saving 1/3 cup of the batter for the cream cheese layer.
Cream Cheese Layer:
- Cream cream cheese with sugar in another bowl until no lumps, add egg, and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese on top of the red velvet batter in the pan. Drop little by little of the remaining red velvet batter over the cream cheese layer using a spoon.
- Using a tooth pic, swirl through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!