1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
11/2 tsp. baking powder
To assemble Cake:
3 cups whipping cream + 6 tbs. sugar, whipped to stiff peaks
1 cup fruit cocktail
1 cup syrup of fruit cocktail
Strawberries, Kiwi, Canned peach
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Combine dry ingredients flour, cocoa and baking powder into a small bowl. Mix it together well with whisker or a spoon. Set aside until ready for it.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high mixing speed for 10 minutes. While the eggs are beating, grease 2 – 9” pans and line with baking paper.
- Sift in half of the already mixed dry ingredients. Fold it in very gently and then add second half of the dry ingredients. Add water, use spatula and carefully fold the rest of the dry ingredients in. Be careful do not over mix and don’t deflate the air bubbles.
- Divide batter evenly into 2 – 9” greased pans. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle of the sponge cake. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for couple of minutes before removing it from baking pans.Assembling cake
- Apply little amount of whipping cream on the cake board or plate. Put one layer of cake on the cake board. And soak the layer with fruit cocktail syrup well.
- Apply generous amount of whipping cream on the cake layer, arrange the fruit cocktails on the whipping cream layer.
- Put the next layer on top of the fruit cocktail arranged cake layer. Soak this layer also with syrup. Frost and cover the whole cake with whipped cream.
- Arrange fresh fruits on top of cake as desired, sprinkle chocolate chips forcefully on the side of cake. Chill cakes for at least 2 hour’s and serve…. Enjoy!
Note: Sponge cakes need to be completely cooled before slicing them in half horizontally and decorating it with cream.