57 grams unsalted butter (melted)
25 grams cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
130 grams sugar
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
200 grams dark chocolate chopped into small pieces (
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 cup cold whipping cream
1 tablespoons icing sugar
2 tbs. cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Add vinegar into the milk and mix, leave for 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 6 inch cake pan. In a large bowl, stir together melted butter and cocoa. Then add the hot water, buttermilk and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add baking powder, salt, and sugar into the flour mix, add the liquid mixture and stir until most of the lumps have disappeared. The batter should be thin and pourable.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 45 to 1 hour. Check the. It is ready when a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center and the edges of the cake are slightly pulling away from the pan.
- In a small pan, combine all syrup ingredients, gently heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Use a chopstick or a skewer to poke rows of holes in the cake and then pour the warm chocolate mixture over the cake. Pour slowly and try to fill up each hole with the mixture before moving to the next one.
- Allow the cake to soak in the chocolate syrup for four hours, (this will create a moist and pudding like cake) . Frost the cake with the whipped chocolate cream. Enjoy!