2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa
2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream + 1 tsp vinegar (mixed )
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 cup hot water
- Heat oven to 160 degrees C, butter or oil two 8-inch or one 9-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, whipping cream and vinegar mixture, oil, vinegar and mix with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until a wooden skewer, inserted into cake center, comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cakes in pans 20 minutes, release from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
100 grams unsalted butter, softened
350 grams cream cheese
320 grams icing sugar, sifted
50 grams cocoa, sifted
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a bowl of an electric mixer or hand mixer and beat for 4 minutes or until no lump.
- Add the icing sugar and cocoa and fold through with a spatula until thick and mix with the beater until creamy and spreadable.
- Put one cake layer on a serving platter add half of the frosting on top and spread on this put the other layer of cake and spread rest of the frosting and decorate as desired. Enjoy!