Makes: 6 – 7 pizza disc, Prep time: 2 hour’s
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
21/2 teaspoon instant yeast
1/3 cup sunflower or olive oil
11/2 cup warm water
- Combine the flour, salt, yeast and oil in a bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Stir to combine. Add the water and stir until a raggy dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a pastry mat or kitchen counter..
- Knead the dough by pushing with the base of your palm, then reforming it into a ball. Continue kneading for 8 minutes until the dough feels pillowy and has a smooth, stretchy exterior. If the dough is very sticky, add a small amount of flour while kneading.
- After the kneading is finished cover the dough with a towel or plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- divide the dough into 7 equal pieces. Using floured hands, gently shape each half into a ball by folding the dough under itself.
- Roll each dough into a 9 to 10 inch disc. Prick the top with a fork. Roll all the balls into discs and prick.
- Heat a flat pan and bake each side of discs to a very very light brown. Pizza discs can be capt in room temperature up to 2 days and in Refrigerator for 10 days.
- Before storing pizza discs wrap each with plastic wrap.