1 onion, finely diced
1/2 of one fresh chilly (githeyo mirus)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs. of grated ginger
1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. of ground roasted curry powder
1 tsp. of ground coriander
1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1 tsp. of ground red chilli
2 tbs. tomato paste
2 tbs. of chopped coriander leaves (or parsley if preferred)
300 grams of beef tenderloin cut into small cubes
1 cup water
1 tsp. beef stock
1 tsp. of salt
3 tbs. vegetable oil
To make Flat bread:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup hot water
To make Flat bread parcels
3 eggs beaten (with salt and pepper)
1 big tomato, chopped
1 cup chopped ice berg lettuce
To make the spicy beef filling:
- Heat up 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add the finely diced onion and chilly, fry until the onions are soft and lightly browned on the edges.
- Add the minced garlic, grated ginger and cook until fragrant, then add beef, cumin powder, roasted curry powder coriander powder, cinnamon powder, chilly powder and tomato paste, water and beef stock, lower the heat to medium cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly. Add the chopped parsley mix and set aside.
To make flat bread:
- Mix flour, salt and vegetable oil, add hot water little by little and knead until pliable.
To assemble spicy beef parcels:
- Warm skillet, divide the dough in to 5 equal portions. Take one portion dough and roll it out in to a thick disc. Add some spicy beef into the middle and spread that out evenly. Now add 3 to 4 table spoon t of egg mixture over beef. Add some lettuce and tomato. Now lift the edges of the roshi and fold it to give it a rectangular shape.
- Put 3 table spoon of gee into the warm skillet and put the flat bread parcel on the melted gee and cook till it gets good golden crisp from all the sides. Serve hot, Enjoy!